Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weeks 2-3

I am still surviving and having a great time. I wish I could write more about what we are doing but those pesky NDAs seem to be following me wherever I go. That said, here are a few snippets from the last couple of weeks.

Re: food; I have found a pretty good balance and I seem to be getting proper nutrition now. A few things that are working really well are peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and fillets of hot-smoked salmon, which I also make into sandwiches - usually with something spicy. This week I am going to try and incorporate more veggies in - I got some kale to add go my smoked salmon sandwiches. I have also been eating at the nearby Thai restaurant a few times a week - gotta have some comfort food.

When I wake up now I am already thinking in Spanish. Sometimes I have to stop myself from greeting people in Spanish when I am walking around. I keep remembering more and more from my classes, it just takes a while to resurface from old memory storage I guess. My roommate is learning a bit of English too, but not enough to be conversational yet. We'll see what happens after a few more weeks!

My energy levels are fine, but my body is feeling pretty bruised because I am working really hard in the yoga classes. It's especially tough on my knees, which always hurt anyway. It's usually in the morning classes that I struggle, and by the evening classes my joints have loosened up a bit. Fixing my junk body is definitely a slow, painful process but I can tell things are changing, even if I can't define those changes yet.

The content of the classes is great too. I am starting to get a much clearer picture of why this yoga is set up the way that it is and it really is quite brilliant. I guess that's what the NDA is for ;D

I'm still meeting many cool new people every day, and the community as a whole is getting more friendly now that we are all in the swing of things. Meeting so many people from all over the world is giving me the itch to travel and teach. Who knows what the future holds?

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment