Monday, September 16, 2013

It begins...

Today it all begins. I'm not allowed to go into specifics about the content of training, so here is a brief overview given on the bikram website:

Spend nine weeks immersed in an in-depth study of Bikram Yoga with Yoga Masters Bikram and Rajashree Choudhury and their staff of senior teachers. The course, leading to a certificate of completion, will introduce you to the basic knowledge needed to begin teaching this powerful healing yoga.

The course covers asana, anatomy, therapeutic applications and health benefits of Yoga, nutrition, philosophy of Yoga, Bikram's Posture Clinic, and the Bikram Yoga dialogue. Through dedicated practice and study of the 26 postures, you will expand your knowledge of the Bikram Method and prepare yourself to teach it.

I will be doing a lot of yoga classes over the next 9 weeks. As such, one of the primary things I will be working on is staying hydrated and healthy. I got a nice 64 oz. Hydroflask so that I can have plenty of water throughout the day, and I stocked my room with coconut water, bananas, and Himalayan sea salt because those are all of the best sources of electrolytes that I know of. I've also got a lot of protein bars to make sure I'm not deficient there. I'm going to see how things work out this week and adjust from there!

Today I will get to take class from Bikram for the first time - looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment